CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Beauty School Dropout

I am mourning the loss of my boy's hair this morning. Yesterday, I gave him the worst haircut ever and ended up having to trim it all really short.


The hair on top was about 3" long, and I was going to trim about an inch or so off. I had cut his hair before with the clippers and did a pretty good job (if I do say so myself) so I didn't have any reservations about yesterday's haircut. Just like before: shorten the top to help manage his cowlick, taper the sides & back, and trim around the ears & the bottom.

Mid-haircut, I noticed that the hair right on top was like 1/4" long! The clipper guard hadn't slipped, so I have no idea what happened. My stomach sank and I knew I needed to trim the rest to match. How sad. I wanted to cry!

Yesterday, his hair was shiny. You could run your fingers through it and it would fall back down into place. It was pretty when it was tousled. This was a few days ago:

Now it's fuzzy.


Rob says it's fine, but I was just so sad. It took him long enough to grow that hair, and now it's gone! On our back lawn, in fact.
The cowlick isn't a problem anymore. And I've heard it grows in thicker & more even after it's trimmed really short. But for now, I'll continue to mourn.

8 comments:

Charlene said...

It looks fine!!!! He is such a cutie. I love my little Robbie :)

meghannamarie said...

He is still VERY cute with his hair short. I always cut short just so there is more time in between hair cuts.

hillari said...

I know what you mean--I hence Isaac has such a long flopoy mop of hair. I'm always sad when my kids get their haircut. But it does look cute. I love how he is eating in both shots.

Krystal said...

cute! You will get used to it after like two or three days and then youll realize how much easier it is to manage and wash and wont think much else of it :D

Gardner Family said...

He looks more like a big boy than a little one. Funny how haircuts do that? Do I look older when I get a haircut, too?
Hmmm...

Gardner Family said...

P.S. And that is funny how he's eating in both shots. Same bowl, same cup:)

The Dominguez Family said...

I think it looks really good.

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

He's still a cutie, but I understand. It's okay to mourn the loss as long as you know it's growing back!