CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Downtown

The kids and I spent the day downtown.


We went to the Children's Museum of Phoenix for free, thanks to the Culture Pass at the library. It's a pretty neat place! And it's cool that it's housed in the old Monroe School building.


What a place for kids to keep busy! We did a lot of stuff...

Drove through the car wash...


Painted a house...


Made caterpillars...


Ran through the noodle forest...


Tried on Size 18 shoes...


Cooked fabric pizza in the brick oven...
Went to the grocery store...
(I really liked this little store - very cute!)

Weighed split peas...

Worked at the loading dock in the back of the store...
Sat on an orange motorcycle...

And allowed Mom to take a bunch of pictures.

(Those are thousands of kid-decorated CD's hanging on the back wall)

We had a lot of fun!

After that, we drove through downtown and parked outside the Hyatt so we could ride the elevator inside. It's a fast one, and you can look out over the city on your way up. There's a revolving restaurant on top, but that sort of dining wasn't in the budget today!

Jack-in-the-Box was in the budget. We watched the cool cars coming to and going from a classic car show across the street while we ate.

Then on to Encanto Park. We didn't go to the little amusement park there, but we walked around the lake and the kids played on the equipment for a while. We watched the geese & ducks, and the kids liked spotting fish in the water. I liked looking at the nice old houses in that neighborhood.

I meant to go to the Whoopee Daze parade in Tolleson, but we didn't get out of the house in time. In eight years of living in this house, I've never been to it! One weekend every April, we see the signs when we drive through Tolleson on our way to church, only to realize it's over and we missed it. Every single year we forget. Oh well, maybe next year!

The kids are watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and I'm taking a breather. Later I think we'll go out for some ice cream. It's been a good day!

PS - I heard on the radio today that Streets of New York will give kids a free pizza & soda if they bring in their straight-A report cards! FYI - Here's the link. Pretty good pizza, too, if you haven't tried it. It's probably our second favorite after Vito's.

7 comments:

Bump and Erin said...

Again, I say, You are so good!!! That children's museum looks like a lot of fun!

hillari said...

I tried to get a culture pass to that museum--but they were gone. I'm hoping to get one before too long. It looks like your kids had a great time there!

meghannamarie said...

Wow Kandice you amaze me eveytime you post something! Thank you for being such a great example of how a mother should enteract with her children...I try to take your good attitude with me in my life! I know totally hokey but true! You are a great mother, your kids are so lucky!

Charlene said...

I've heard about the culture pass, but sadly it is just for four, unless we split our family time in half :)

Krystal said...

im way too lazy to hunt down a culture pass... that means id have to find a public library! looks like you guys had fun. you should bring me jack in the box next time its in the budget!

Foggy Somedays said...

That's awesome - I'm glad someone I know got to use the culture pass. And who would have thought they'd have an Orange Motorcycle just for Robbie! Nice! - Stephanie

Rebecca said...

all in one day? wow you are amazing!!