CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday, Robbie!


Robbie is done being 2, and has moved on to 3.
He had a simple birthday - our families came over tonight for cake & ice cream. Both sets of grandparents, all but one of his cousins from Rob's side, and my sister were able to come.

A couple of months ago, he told me out of the blue that he wanted an ASU Sparky cake for his birthday. Saved me some trouble of figuring out what kind of cake to make!! So here's what I came up with. It wasn't quite what I invisioned, but we're just cutting it up and eating it anyway, right?

For extra staining power, it was red velvet cake inside.

He liked all his presents, of course, except for the clothes, which he tossed aside as tissue paper.



Here's a happy boy with a new car! (And a light shining out of his head)


We were too busy for a nap this afternoon, so he is currently running on fumes while he tries to play with all his new toys at the same time. He had a good day!

We love you, Robbie!

6 comments:

Cheree said...

I can't believe he's 3---I mean I really do remember that Robbie and my little Maxson are the same age--but it I continue to live in a dream world and think that everyone else stays the same, and my family is the only one that ages. He's a handsome little guy. It looks like he had a great birthday. I love your cake! --BTW, the Nelsons were in Utah 2 weeks ago. We had a BBQ up at the Hansen's house. We missed you. (The word verification for my post is fatlogyn??? Hmm, is that a subliminal message? Guess I should exercise tomorrow.)

Hatch's said...

Did you freehand that sun devil...? It looks awesome and if it's not what you envisioned, you are being too hard on yourself. He is a CUTIE!

hillari said...

You did an awesome job on the cake! Looks like a great birthday.

Charlene said...

I can't believe Robbie is already three. I can still remember adoring him as an infant. Happy Birthday Robbie!!!!

By the way Kandice you did a fabulous job on the cake!

Bump and Erin said...

That is an awesome cake!!! What a cutie!

Brandi Jo said...

WOW he has gotten so big! It is hard to believe they are all turning 3! Crazy! I have yet to post Gavin's B-day pics, but I am working my way on getting caught up to that. I love his ASU jersey! So cute!!