CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Second Grade!

Somewhere in the middle of all the chaos of the last two weeks, Erin started second grade. Tuesday was the first day of school, and she's pretty happy to be in second grade.

Here she is before school, and with the backpack Mom customized for her:


Her teacher, Mrs. Petersen is very nice. We went to "Meet the Teacher Day" the Friday before school started, and after we left the classroom, I asked Erin what she thought of her new teacher...

"She seems nice! She seems like she's not one of those teachers who gets all up in your face."

Okay then! That's the type of teacher I like, too.

Kindergarteners and first graders share a playground, and when you go to 2nd Grade, you get to play on the "bigger" playground. Erin is pretty pleased that she gets to play on that one now, and she's excited about the idea of getting to read to the kindergarteners now that she's in 2nd grade.

Mrs. Petersen said she has good leadership skills, and that she scored the highest in the class on their spelling pre-test. I guess she only missed four, and there are 7th grade words on there! That made Mom proud.

Rob's dad, Bob, his wife Sandy, and Rob's half-sister Annalice flew down for Molly's funeral, and they stayed with us for a couple of days. It was nice to visit with them, because we haven't really seen them since we visited them when Erin was a year old. Of course, the visit wasn't under the best of circumstances, but we enjoyed having them, and we're glad they stayed with us.

Visiting...

Steven (Brigette's fiance), Rob, Brigette, Bob, Robbie (crazy), Sandy

Robbie, Briana (in pink), Annalice (on stomach), Erin, Ayla (rockin' out)

I'm sure I'm leaving stuff out, but catching up is tricky! I start a new job tomorrow, and I'll blog about that when I have something to write! I'll leave you with a couple random pictures I took of the kids recently.

4 comments:

hillari said...

I love the stripes in Erin's room, as I was telling you today, that is where I got the idea for Sareny's room. Erin is getting so grown up! It seems like yesterday she was toddling around your coffee table. And Robbie looks very handsome too! Kind of confusing to have Rob, Bob, and Robbie in your house all at the same time!

meghannamarie said...

Kandice you are such a awesome mom...I know you knoe that but for why you ask. Erin's backpack is so cute I could never draw like that it looks great! Erin is just a little version of you!

Suusi said...

Wow! That backpack is so cool, she will be the envy of her friends :] And I agree with her on the teacher statement! It sounds like a busy week for you too!

Charlene said...

You'll have to let us know how the new job goes. I'm looking for a part-time one right now. We need to have you guys over real soon, it's been way too long!