CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Nine Years

Tomorrow is our anniversary! Rob and I were married Friday, October 8, 1999 in the Mesa temple.

We met while attending the University 2nd Ward (U2) in Tempe. "A bunch of us" were getting together at Golfland one night, and that's where we met. (I put "a bunch of us" in quotes, because while that's what it was supposed to be, it ended up only being like four people.) I was wearing my University of Illinois shirt (a shout-out to my mission) which caught his eye since he's from IL. We started talking, and we played mini golf and air hockey the whole time.

Neither of us was really looking to date anyone at the time. He was tired of psycho girls, and I was just enjoying dating & not having a boyfriend. He started picking me up for firesides and little get-togethers... "Why don't I pick you up? It's on my way." ...and I guess the rest is history. After a while, we realized we were pretty much seeing each other exclusively, and shortly after that, we were engaged! Just kind of snuck up on us. Good thing I lived on his way to everywhere.

A good way to get a guy to bring you flowers is to have surgery. I had my ACL replaced (knee surgery) shortly after we met; here's the card that came with the flowers Rob sent. See, I'm awesome.

Some more relics...
Our "take a number" from the courthouse when we got our marriage license:


My parents had Chinese food shortly before Rob proposed, and this is what their fortune cookies revealed:


Now nine years and two great kids later, it just keeps getting better.

Happy annivesary, Rob! I love you.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good old U2 that is how Daryl and I got to know each other too. This is a really nice post.

Dagley Family said...

Happy Anniversary you two love birds.

Gardner Family said...

Happy Anniversary! It was so great to see how your family is growing. Doesn't it seem like marriage is easier now than it was in the beginning (thanks heavens for that)? Anyway, you totally need to get yourself over to Real Deals, I'm not kidding! You'll love it. Hope to hear from you soon and say "hi" to Rob.

meghannamarie said...

Happy Anniversary Today!! I think you are so awesome to save (and know where they are) the card and ticket and fortune cookie tabs. I love that! I hope you guys have a great day and have a great next 9 years or more whatever!

Summer said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the stories! Doesn't the time fly, when you're having fun!?

Hatch's said...

(sniff, sniff) That was sweet!

Cheree said...

Ah, the memories . . . 9 years ago. I remember things like punch fountains, immodest bridesmaid dresses, hairstyles on the fly. What a great day that was for you :-). Congratulations you two! Wishing you the best!

Alayna said...

That is so sweet! I'm very impressed that you kept so many "relics" from when you were dating. I'll have to see if I kept anything like that.

Congrats!

Brandi Jo said...

Congrast! That is so cute! Justin and I were the same way, we were both looking to NOT DATE anyone for a while... funny how that happends!

Rebecca said...

Congrats to you guys! Hope you did something special!!!

Téa said...

9 down, eternity to go! Yay!!

You've got such a fun blog here, Kandice, I really enjoy your writing style.

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

How cool that you saved those things. And I agree with Rob, you are AWESOME :)

Katy B. said...

Happy Anniversary! Great to see you have a blog. You and Rob have a beautiful family. Good luck in all your life adventures!:)

Katy B.