CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Lawn Mowing Shoes

...so during our hike, the kids and I developed an aroma. One that deems us unfit to go back out in public for the day. Sitting around indoors would leave me sound asleep within minutes, with my children left to their own devices. Not good! So I decided to do some other smell-appropriate activities.


I donned my lawn-mowing shoes. I think I got these shoes in 1999... great shoes, but they've since been replaced by younger, more attractive shoes, and they've assumed the (important, mind you) role of the shoes I don't mind messing up.


As I was tying my shoes, I remembered an exchange I had with Erin one day last summer when I was getting ready to mow the lawn. It went something like this:


Erin: "You used to wear those shoes all the time when you were skinny."

Me (keeping a straight face): "Huh. Yeah, I guess I did."

Erin (reflecting): "It's been a long time since you wore those shoes."


Awesome.

8 comments:

hillari said...

haha! that's pretty funny.

meghannamarie said...

Very funny...why do our children always need to remind us how fat we have gotten!

Cheree said...

I laughed out loud on that one. Then I had to have Devlin read it. It reminds me of the things William says to me. Most of the time I can be found wearing oversized t-shirts every day. I don't see a point in wearing anything nice around the house because inevitably it will get dirty. William's always trying to be the fashion police with me. You should wear this Mom, or this. Good luck with Erin.

Brandi Jo said...

That is funny! Kids make me laugh!! :-) I love the shoes. That is good that you set aside a pair for mowing the lawn. I don't and then get green stains on the good ones.

Krystal said...

wow... can that kind of thing be punished? hahaha kids say funny stuff

Bump and Erin said...

Love it!! Don't they just make you feel good? Ha ha ha

Amy O'Neill said...

Gotta love kids! They crack me up!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

Kids are the best. You can always count on them not to mince words :) You can always punish them though by making broccoli for dinner.