CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Mini Hikes

It was supposed to rain this afternoon, but I'm glad it didn't! We had stuff to do.


Rob was umpiring at Papago Park today. I haven't spent much time there at all, but it's a cool place; we'll be going back. The kids and I had a picnic by one of the ponds, and of course we fed the ducks.



Behind them in this picture, you can see "Hole in the Rock". Take a wild guess why they call it that. After lunch, we went to check out the hole. A very easy walk! The kids liked it. Oh, they're sitting in a cool chair carved into a palm tree stump, armrests included.

Here are a couple of pictures of them in the hole...




Once again, we ended up at ASU! Only today, it was to climb up Hayden Butte, aka "A" Mountain. It's paved most of the way up, so it's pretty easy. And Robbie liked looking at the light rail coming and going down below while we worked our way up. Here are the kids hanging out right on the A. Go Devils!


Then we followed the trail on up to the very top. This is a cool place to watch planes coming in to Sky Harbor; they go right over you and you can get a good look at their tummies. (We always ask Robbie what color the plane's tummy is - not sure why. We did it with Erin when she was little, and it kind of stuck.)

Here are the kids on the very top. The very highest rock we could find to sit on! Tempe Town Lake is to the left, and to the right you can see the seats in Sun Devil Stadium and the "bubble" football practice facility.


These are both pretty cool little in-town hikes! Perfect weather today, too. I suspect I'll have to clean the tub after their baths tonight... a clear sign of a good day!

6 comments:

Jamie said...

Oh I am so jealous! It looks so warm and no jackets. Sounds like you had some great quality time with your kids. What a good mom you are!

Charlene said...

I think I'm going to nominate you for Mother of the Year. You are awesome. You're starting to make the rest of us look bad! (jk)

Alayna said...

Looks like you guys had lots of fun! I agree - you are a great mom to take your kids to do stuff like that. Boy, I really need to get out more!

Phil and Stacie said...

I love those hikes! So many memories from doing those while I was a kid. Now I need to take my kids! You really are an amazing mom--two hikes in one day. WOW!

The Dominguez Family said...

It was a nice day on Saturday. Those are great pictures it captures the kids and the great scenary!

Brandi Jo said...

I am so jealous!! The weather looks so nice!! I bet you guys had a great time. :-) How is Tolleson holding up?