CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Hillbilly Sledding

We went to Rob's softball games again on Tuesday, and some of the other kids there had a bunch of cardboard they were using to slide down the hill! They graciously let Erin play with them, and I watched as they slid forward, backward, standing up, laying down, you name it... down this little grassy hill.

Out came the camera phone, and here are the poor-quality photos for your enjoyment!


I had to laugh because I remember doing this when I was a kid, only we didn't have any grassy hills... just dirt and rocks. Whee!! Needless to say, our cardboard didn't last very long.

It was fun watching the kids, and it had been a while since we had done something completely HILLBILLY, so we were due.


4 comments:

Charlene said...

That looks like so much fun! Oh to be a kid again!

Rebecca said...

Now that looks like a blast. The awesome things you can do with cardboard.
When I was young we would put cardboard boxes (like washing machine sizes) on skateboards and zoom down the huge hills in my neighborhood.
Ya, smart huh? Oh the things that you don't think about (like oncoming cars) when you are a kid.

Remind me to tell you sometime what we did with sleds. Good times!

Amy O'Neill said...

That looks like fun... I might have to take the kids hillbilly sledding, the boys would love it! :)

Brandi Jo said...

How fun! It reminds me of ice blocking. You have to let the kids have fun... it make for good memories later.