CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, May 22, 2008

School's out for summer!

(It's hard to read that without singing the Alice Cooper song in your head, isn't it?)

Erin graduated from Kindergarten today! She's sad to leave her teacher behind when she starts first grade next year, though. Mrs. Jones is a great teacher!


They had a little graduation in their classroom this morning. Mrs. Jones talked about all the stuff they learned in a year, they recited a little poem for us, and they each got little graduation certificates and some other awards.

^ Here's Erin showing quiet dignity for the occasion

I was surprised that I got a little choked up in there! How sad is that. I didn't break down sobbing or anything, but I had a little catch in my throat. Guess I'm getting old. It's an eye-opener to see how much your kid has changed in such a short amount of time.

Here's one more picture of the kids before school this morning. Just because I liked it.

^ Robbie showing quiet dignity for the occasion

Erin did great in school, and she's excited to be a first grader!

6 comments:

Charlene said...

Congratulations Erin! I'm so glad Erin enjoyed Mrs. Jones. I requested her for Savannah next year.

Brandi Jo said...

WOW! I can't believe she is done already! Crazy! That is funny! I was totally singing that song in my head, " schools out for the summer." BTW_ sorry I am such a bad VT. I will come see you soon, promise!

Amy O'Neill said...

That is funny... I totally thought of the Alice Cooper song when I read your title!!
Isn't it crazy that kindergarten is done!? They are growing up too quick... it doesn't seem very long ago that you guys brought her over when she was a baby and her and Garrett would torment each other!
Cute pictures!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

I love the caps! She is growing up so fast! Your children are so quiet and dignified :)

meghannamarie said...

She is so cute! I hate how quickly they grow up! But then again sometimes I can't wait until they are a teenager and don't want to have anything to do with me.

Jodilyn said...

Your kids are so cute and Erin looks so much like you.

Congratulations Erin on your graduation from Kindergarten!!