CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Reunion

We spent the weekend in Show Low visiting my family. It was nice to get away for a couple of days and see everyone! My dad's work has a cabin they let the employees use sometimes, and my parents have it this week. So my brothers and their families went up there, and my sister lives there, so we all got together on Saturday.

Mom and Dad have 14 grandkids now, so there was a lot of activity.


The cabin is right on Show Low Lake, so we had fun skipping (or just throwing) rocks and trying to catch crawdads. The bigger kids built a pretty elaborate fort. My brother Chris and I stalked a giant lizard and finally caught it to show the kids. We were proud of our hunting abilities. Robbie absolutely loves watching the lizards in our back yard at home, but they're too fast to catch, so he was really happy to finally get to touch one!

Erin especially loves hanging around with her older girl cousins, so she had a lot of fun. I think she was happy to have kind of a break from just mom and dad all the time.

I usually only see my brothers & sister for a couple of hours here and there when one of them is in town, so it was nice to have a whole day with everyone there at once!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

Glad to hear that your weekend went well and how nice that it was on the weekend of your birthday.

Amy O'Neill said...

Happy be-lated birthday Kandice!! Sounds like you had a nice time with your family. We have tried to catch lizards but with no luck... I am impressed!