CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Fire trucks!

Yesterday, we went to the Hall of Flame Fire Museum in Tempe. PBS was hosting a free day with games & stuff for the kids. Free? Exactly.

It's a pretty neat place. LOTS of fire trucks! There are a few the kids can climb around on, and a lot to look at. They have some neat horse-drawn ones, and they have a lot of shields & emblems from firehouses around the world. Of course, I had to take a picture of Erin with the old Miami, AZ truck.

Robbie wasn't feeling very photogenic, so I didn't have a lot of great pictures. He was pretty happy to meet Curious George there, though! After the kids had their picture taken with him, Erin whispered to me, "Mom, I know something about Curious George... he's not real! I saw inside the mask." So I told her that would be our secret and Robbie could keep thinking he's real.

The kids got little plastic firefighter hats, badge stickers, coloring books, little silicone bracelets... they hit the jackpot!

Since we were in Tempe, we headed to my parents' house to swim. We needed it, because it was super hot! We went through downtown Tempe and down University Drive, through ASU, which might've been Robbie's favorite part of the morning. That kid is 100% Sun Devil. If you hear him saying something about "Ah-Ee", it means there's an ASU logo or a picture of Sparky somewhere. So all down University, it was "Ah-Ee, Mama!" Erin likes the triangle windows on Manzanita Hall.

We spent the rest of the day with my parents, my sister, my niece, and one of her friends, just hanging around & visiting. It was nice. We got home late and everyone was wiped out!

7 comments:

Brandi Jo said...

Sounds like a fun day. That fire truck thing sounds pretty cool! I think all kids love fire trucks! Swimming does sound nice these days... I think I could go swimming everyday.

meghannamarie said...

Yea free of course we go! It looked like your kids had a good time, mine did for a little while! Erin is a cute little girl and robbie is funny about ASU! I just thought it would be better than me doing laundry all day and the kids getting in to trouble all day!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

What a fun idea! Good job mom! :) Those kind of free days are the best!

Phil and Stacie said...

You've got to start telling us about these awesome free days BEFORE you go =) Looks like such fun! And I love that Robbie likes ASU. He's got good taste!

The Dominguez Family said...

Yes, please let us know about those free days ahead of time :)
Looks like the kids had fun. Robbie is brave to get close to George. Crazy Cy still gets scared of costume characters.

hillari said...

I saw they were doing that on PBS--looks like a lot of fun. Sareny just saw the picture with monkey George, as she calls him, and wants her picture with him too. Too bad we missed him! I'm sure it was a hot one!

Anonymous said...

Very cute site. I linked mine to yours. I feel like I am part of the cool kids now. :)
Misty