CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We went to our ward's Trunk-or-Treat last night. (I think everyone knows about these. But if not... everyone in the parking lot decorates their trunks and the kids go trick-or-treating to the cars.) It was a lot of fun, as usual! They had hot dogs, popcorn, homemade root beer & cotton candy, and of course lots of games.


Erin got to run around with her friends for a little bit, and Robbie got really good at saying "Trick or Treat" and "Thank You"!

I am currently typing very slowly as I eat the chocolate off a little tiny Milky Way.

The kids were chickens for Halloween. I guess Robbie was actually a rooster.

I duct taped pom poms along their belts and on some old shirts. They wore orange pants, I spray painted some old shoes orange, and I made chicken feet out of foam paper. Erin's face paint stayed on really well, but Robbie's was pretty spread around by the time we got around to taking pictures!

Here's a closer look.


Thank you to Rob for getting all the pom poms! The kids and I didn't go to the ASU/Georgia game with him a few weeks ago, but I told him to get a whole bunch of pom poms if they were giving them away. He ended up with 52 of them! We picked him up after the game, about a mile and a half from the stadium. He walked all that way with pom poms stuffed in all his pockets... people honking at him & stuff. Hard to look cool when you've turned your shorts into a hula skirt.

And here's our trunk. Of course the lighting doesn't show up, but we had some black lights & strobe lights to make our cardboard haunted house extra spooky. Our dangling bats didn't show up in the photo. Erin was making quick work of her cotton candy, and Robbie had been freed from his costume and was happily munching on a Dum-Dum. What more do you need?


The kids had a great time! We had a hair-washing-and-bath marathon, and we all went to bed tired.

9 comments:

meghannamarie said...

Kandice you are awesome!! The costumes are great and your car looks so cool! I thought my kids costumes were great but i never would know what to do if they came up to me and said I want to be a chicken! Ahh thanks for the hint that next year I can ask you for help!

hillari said...

way to be creative on your costumes! They turned out really cute.

Alayna said...

Those costumes are awesome!
I can just imagine Rob walking around with pom poms coming out of his pants. The thought made me chuckle a little. :)

Hatch's said...

Sweet job on making pom pom chickens (and rooster)...who'da thunk...pom poms?

Phil and Stacie said...

I loved your haunted house in your trunk! Way impressive =) I might have to copy that in the future....
And I'm still laughing over the mental image of Rob collecting all the pom poms. What a great dad!

Dagley Family said...

Love it! Leave it to Alex to be so creative. Your kid's costumes are great! Looks like you had fun trunk or treating. What are you going to do next year for Halloween!

Téa said...

I agree--very clever & cute! Your trunk looked so festive, it was great!

Life in the circus said...

Youve got quite the talent Kandice! I love the costumes! What a great idea.

Cheree said...

Awesome post, Kandice. I laughed out loud when I read about Rob walking with 52 pom-poms down the road for a mile and a half!! The things guys will do for the women they love! Good job, Rob. The costumes are darling. I wish we lived next door. It'd be too much fun. Miss you.