CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

ASU Art Museum

On Saturday, we went to the ASU Art Museum. They were having a family day, so there were a lot of crafts & activities for the kids.


The kids could make puppets, masks, blankets, door hangers, bracelets... I can't remember what else. And they got little bags of stuff - like little rubber duckies, chalk boards, a book, a pencil. They had Sister Bear from the Bearenstain Bears there, and the Phoenix Roadrunner (hockey). Erin is sort of embarrassed by the big costume characters now, and Robbie wasn't thrilled about them, either, so we steered clear of them this time.

The Tempe Fire Department had a fire truck outside, so the kids could climb in and visit with a firefighter. Robbie really liked his helmet, especially the flashlight on it. Here are the kids on the fire truck:

It was fun, but it was also HOT and humid outside, so we were glad to go over to my parents' house afterward to swim & hang out. Robbie did well wearing the little arm floaties, although he absolutely hated them at first!

It was kind of fun to be on campus again, and most of my classes were in the KAET building right next door to the museum, so I got to see my old stomping grounds.

A couple of people have said I should tell everyone when something free is coming up! The only thing I know of right now is free chili dogs or kids' cones at Weinerschnitzel tomorrow night. (If you click on the link, it will pop up on their web page if you watch it for a little while) But I'm adding a list to the right-hand side of my blog where I'll tell about free or cheap stuff when I hear about it, and I'll try to include links for you guys!

3 comments:

Brandi Jo said...

Cute pictures of your kids in the fire truck! Thanks for thinking of us all and putting up the free/cheap things!

Charlene said...

You guys always have such cool and exciting adventures! Thanks for the links for the cheap stuff, you definitely know how to find a good bargain :)

meghannamarie said...

Cute I totally forgot to go to that one! looked like you all had fun! the fire truck is always a fun attraction!