CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 25, 2008

Busy Day, Tired Mom

We did all kinds of stuff today! I didn't have the two kids I normally watch, so we left the house this morning & stayed out all day.

First stop - the library to get the kids' prizes for the summer reading program. I like that they each get a Diamondbacks ticket!

Next, we went to Glendale to tour Cerreta's Candy Company. I've always heard about it & never went. I'm glad it was too hot for candy to survive in the car, or I'd be sitting on the couch eating mounds of it right now! It was a little hard for the kids to see what was going on, but we liked getting a couple of free samples.


Then we went about a block down the street to Pratt's Pet Shop to check out the animals. The kids loved it! They had the usual pet shop stuff, plus farm-type animals and exotic birds. Here come a lot of pictures...





After that, it was up to Peoria where the kids redeemed their birthday gift cards at Toys R Us and Erin got a free book from Barnes & Noble from their summer reading program.

Then across the street to the mall where I brought our wedding rings to the jeweler for a long-overdue cleaning & warranty check-up. I meant to look around the mall for a while, but we were HOT, tired, hungry, and thirsty! So we went to Red Robin to use Erin's free kids meal from her birthday. And I found yet another reason to like Red Robin! Not only is it yummy and the kids' drinks are free, but I learned that the macaroni & cheese on the kids' meals is refillable! A server (not even ours) saw that Erin was wolfing hers down and the Robbie was interested in it, so out she came with another bowl! Our server said not too many people know about it; I guess they've been doing it for a while. So we ate like pigs, drank way too many sodas, and enjoyed cooling down.

On the way home, we stopped at the splash park on 83rd Ave & Bethany Home. We got the kids into their swimsuits in the car, and they had a blast splashing around in the water. I was really wishing I had brought something I could get wet in, because it was really hot and that water looked pretty good! Anyway, they had fun. Hopefully nobody will get crypto like we did from swim lessons. (I opted not to blog about that... for obvious reasons) The whole parked reeked of chlorine, so that was a good sign.

All in all, it was a good day! I think we'll all sleep well tonight.

11 comments:

hillari said...

wow--that sounds crazy busy! So much fun though! I've never heard of that pet shop before, we'll have to check it out.

The Dominguez Family said...

you really did have a busy day but it sounded like a good busy. How early did you start your day off to get all that stuff in...

Hatch's said...

So much fun to live in a big enough city to have a Red Robin...Enjoy all your free stuff for me too!
Yeah, Mom and Dad moved to Thatcher about 3 1/2 years ago. We lived with them for a year until one year ago when we bought our own place in Safford...

Amy said...

Hey! I was blog hopping and took a peek at your blog. Hope you don't mind.

Sounds like a busy busy day.

I know that splash park. We live right across the street from it.

Brandi Jo said...

That is nice to have a break from the other two kids... They are super easy kids, but it is still hard I bet to have two more to look after and lug around. I took my kids over to Pratt's Pet Store too. They love it there. My BFF's brother works there!

Charlene said...

What a fun filled day. I love the pet shop, I hadn't heard of it before.

Phil and Stacie said...

So I think the splash park is the only outing we took last week, and I was tired! How do you do it all? I'm sure your kids loved it!

Laurie Ramirez said...

Where do you get your energy?? What a fun-filled day; I'm sure your kids loved it!!

meghannamarie said...

Wow! lots of fun! where do you find out about all this stuff! Anyway thanks for the advice on my blog very much appreciated. Only about 2 days until the big day!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

What a fun filled day! I bet you all slept really well that night! So you liked the 83rd & Bethany splash park? I've been wanting to go, so now I probably will!

Summer said...

You are so fun! Look at you with your coupons! We just used our Toys R Us one for Paris recently! Usually they sit around, but when you can use them all at once...perfection!