CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Erin's Bugs

Erin likes finding the empty exoskeletons from cicadas on our tree in the front yard. She wanted nothing to do with them at first, but when she realized there were no bugs inside them anymore, she thought they were cool. Now most mornings, she'll ask me if she can go outside to look for them. They're creepy looking.


We found 12 this morning. Robbie will hold one if you put it on his hand, but that's about as far as his interest goes. Yes, that's them on my kitchen table. Yes, I cleaned it after they were banished outside! If I catch a cicada, she'll check it out, but it freaks her out if it starts buzzing at us. Me too, a little.
Ah, nature!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

Sweet! You could start a game or something with those skeletons. Market it! I would be huge!
Can you come to Utah and teach my boys that bugs are cool. Ike screams like a girl whenever he see one!

Charlene said...

Those bugs have always scared me since I was a little girl. One time one of them got into our house and I totally freaked out!

Anonymous said...

I have never seen those before. I will have to look for them. Better empty then a bug inside.

meghannamarie said...

She is just like her mother very interested in everything!

Amy O'Neill said...

How funny!! I used to collect them too! My parents used to get them all around our house... on the trees or wood patio columns... and I would go out everyday and look for more. I haven't seen any around our house here.