CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, July 18, 2008

Leapin' Lizards

Today's little piece of nature was a baby lizard we found outside our front door. The kids really liked it, and I was happy he didn't outrun me so I could show them.

Poor little thing was probably having a mild heart attack! After everybody got to hold him, pet him, look at his toes & eyes, and watch his little chest move when he breathed, Erin put him on the tree in our grass.

The more lizards the merrier! It seems like the monsoon rains made it extra cricket-y this year, so we need as many lizards as we can get to eat all the bugs.

6 comments:

Hatch's said...

Love lizards! Love heart attacks too~the kind on your garage door! I am so glad people still do things like. The 80s/90s still live!

Charlene said...

I think it is awesome that your kids are not afraid of them. My girls on the other hand would be screaming :)

Amy O'Neill said...

Aw, it is a cute tiny one! I keep seeing huge ones around my house, I don't think my kids would hold them... well maybe the boys.

meghannamarie said...

We have lizards living outside our front door so they can eat the moths! Love them hate moths! Sometimes they rest on the top of the screen door and when I open to come in the house they fall on me that is a heart attack for me!

The Dominguez Family said...

How cute! Me and my sister use to go catching lizards when were little. My boys aren't big fans of any bugs or insects or any small creatures. A couple of cicadas flew into the house one day and Cy was screaming like someone was about to kill him :)

Summer said...

You are so brave! I think I would be the one with a heart attack if I had to hold one of those things! Don't they have teeth? They must if they want to eat! Yikes!