CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

School Portraits: Greatest Hits

Erin doesn't really like posing for pictures lately, and I think it's some kind of karmic payback for the collection of horrifying photos I provided my parents with when I was young. I'm sure my mom cringed every time the school photo packet came home! These were the photos she had to give to friends & family.


For your amusement... here is some of my best work:

Age 4 (Extremely annoyed at the photographer and his puppet)

First Grade (no explanation)

Second Grade (I was told to show my new permanent teeth when I smiled)

Third Grade (I just like the comparison of me chillin' next to Miss Prissy Rufflesocks)

..And I can't say the photos got much better through the years! I still don't like posing for pictures, and they still come out very similar to these.

16 comments:

meghannamarie said...

I would love to see the rest! Miss Prissy Rufflesocks, hilarious. YOu always make me laugh my favorite is the kindergarten pic. priceless!

Hatch's said...

Seriously the funniest thing I have ever seen! I bow down to your chillin' next to Prissy Rufflesocks!

SJ said...

So hilarious! Love the first picture! Thanks for the great laugh today -- I needed it.

Sherry

hillari said...

those are just too darn funny for words! I guess you were just a photogenic kid! :) Very cute.

Amy O'Neill said...

That is hilarious!! I love the first one... so cute!! You crack me up... Miss Prissy Rufflesocks! He, he! ;)

Carly said...

I love it! Those are hilarious. Erin looks so much like you, too.

Jodilyn said...

And this post, the pictures along with the words, are two of the many reasons that I am so happy to call you my friend. I love your sense of humor!!

I love have really loved that first picture ever since I saw it the first time.

Amy said...

Awww...what a cute girl you were. Love the shots. Their priceless! LOL!

I have the same expression on my face in my four year old picture too, only it was because the photographer made me spit out my gum.

Charlene said...

Thanks for the good laugh, I definitely needed it.

Jamie said...

LOL!! You make me Crack-Up. (In a laughing way,.....definately not a taking drugs way.)

Laurie Ramirez said...

I'll be thinking about those pictures all day- thanks for the laugh! You must have been a handful!

Kristil (Alexander) Busch said...

Ha, ha, ha!!!! I still laugh about those! They are so stinkin' cute. Sorry about the "show your new teeth advice". THat wasn't exactly what I had in mind. I was just trying to help you avoid a repeat of the two previous pictures. LOL Love you!

Kristil

The Dominguez Family said...

I have Carlos show me his picture smile to avoid those types of photos :) even than he still haves a few that did not come out to good.
But I think that the first picture is cute...

Rebecca said...

I was Miss Prissy Rufflesocks (and I seemed to turn out ok...thank you very much)!
Great pictures! I should post some of Dan. Ralph the night hairdresser always visited the night before school pics, and his mom would just send him on his way.
I would at least do the mommy-spit technique!

Cathe Holden said...

This just might be the funniest blog post I’ve ever seen. These photos are PRICELESS!!

Summer said...

I love the pics! You need to post more!