CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Corners

This is Corners.


Corners is a blanket my aunt made for Robbie. It was only recently that we realized we had, in fact, named the blanket and were regularly calling it by name. Sometimes these things just sneak up on you.

Thankfully, Robbie doesn't drag a blanket everywhere, but he's pretty attached to this one when he goes to bed. When he was smaller, he sort of rolled the corners around in his little fists, and he would use the tips of the corners to tickle his ears when he was sleepy.

He still does this, and occasionally he'll very gently shove a corner into one of our ears when we're holding him at bedtime. It's nice that he shares.


One of the corners is apparently better than the other three. He shuns the one with the little tag. Two others receive ample attention, but the one diagonal-opposite (is that a term?) from the tag is his very favorite. We learned this the other night. He will dig through the blanket to find that particular corner. If we rotate the blanket, he'll turn it back so he has the right one. He can find it in the dark.
I'm not sure what the big deal is, but he must know something we don't.

5 comments:

hillari said...

That is so cute! What a sweetie. None of my children has ever been attached to a toy or blankie or anything.

Charlene said...

How cute is he! Love you Robbie!

Amy said...

I had a blanket like that with favorite corners and all. I loved my blankie. I would still have it if I hadn't left it at my brother-in-laws house a while back.(Now everybody reading this knows my little secret. LOL!) My mother-in-law brought it back for me and it's still at her house. I just haven't gone back for it. That makes Wade very happy. LOL!

meghannamarie said...

AHH! So cute! Most of my kids loved their blankies. Actually they still do My oldest still has to sleep with her blankies yes that is plural! My 3rd has to have his huge fleece balnket no matter what even if it is 110 degrees outside. My youngest only likes my old garment tops! Oh the blanket what are we to do?

Rebecca said...

we finally gave up the blanket...somehow it didn't make it through the wash (its home now iswrapped up in a plastic bag on the top shelf of my closet...heading for my cedar chest when the wee one isn't looking). You know its time, when it begins to look like it is actually a living organism!
Thanks for giving me a good topic to blog!