CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Take me out to the ball game

Some friends gave us tickets to last night's game (thanks!). It was a fun thing to do on a weeknight, even though the Cardinals beas us 8-2! It was like watching batting practice for a few innings.


We got there early and the kids spent some time on the playgrounds in the "Sandlot" area.


They have a regular batting cage back there, which Rob enjoyed. They also had a miniature baseball diamond where they let kids hit wiffle balls and run the bases. There was a guy in a Diamondbacks uniform pitching to the kids, and they had a tee in there for the smaller ones. He was pretty cool - he would learn the kids' names and I liked the way he interacted with them.



The stadium wasn't too full, so we had plenty of room to spread out with the kids. They had pizza for dinner, Rob had some Diamond Dogs (which he loves), and nachos for me. That's nutrition!

Did you know that if you sign up as a designated driver at Guest Services, you get a free soda? You just sign a thing that says you won't drink at the game & they give you a wristband. Voila - free soda!

I think we'll go to one more game this season. I can't believe it's September already!

I didn't blog about the ASU game on Saturday because I didn't bring my camera. But stay tuned for the next one...

5 comments:

Charlene said...

How fun! Looks like the kids and rob had a great time.

At Benihana's I had the Chicken picante, it's a little spicy, but I loved it.

hillari said...

I haven't been to a game in forever! I didn't know about the area where they let the kids hit balls, that's pretty cool. We used to do the designated driver thing all the time!

meghannamarie said...

Yea! that looked like a ton of fun! Was the roof closed with the air on cause I get to hot then I have to yell at people!

Andrew, Amy, Evelyn& Owen said...

I love going to the games and I love Diamond Dogs too! :) So healthy! But who cares? You're supposed to eat bad at the ballpark! Looks like fun!

Alayna said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!
We went to the game on Labor Day, and it was pretty packed, so we didn't go over to the sandlot. We'll have to do that next time!